Monday, February 24, 2014

Batman/Superman Annual Covers

This was the Batman/Superman cover for the annual:

 
I thought it did a good job showing the two families fighting and honoring the dead in the background. Here's the new cover:
 

 

 
While it seems obvious that the super family would overpower the bats in raw strength the feeling of equal footing from the first cover is lost. Worse is the bodies of the dead scattered underneath them. It just feels disrespectful and makes Superman look like a total asshole. Plus it's a little confusing to me since I think Damians' costume looks like Jasons'. This new cover isn't to my tastes but I hope the story inside is good. I haven't read this series yet but I've been looking forward to this for awhile. Since this was delayed twice I'm a little nervous of the outcome.
 
At least let Rocafort do the Red Hood pages.
 
EDIT: Wait a second...are those glowy thing by Jason supposed to be the All Blade? Tynions' nonsensical version of them that glow and come out of Jasons' chest for no reason? Because the other ones were copper and only used to bad evil. Damn it I was hoping JT4s' RHATO run would be completely ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment