Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Rumors that Tom King is off Batman at #85

Look it's too early to say if this is true or not. I'm not a fan of his writing and haven't been reading much of his Batman. But to all those people I've seen hoping he writes Booster Gold...why?

Let Jurgens have the character back because King did not do Booster justice in any way. Even runs I didn't enjoy understood Booster better like the Giffin/DeMatteis run on volume 2. And I don't say that lightly as I mostly hate a majority of that run. There's a lot that I found wrong with the plot and characterizations. I've written about this at length but I can say that for the most part Booster at least was written respectfully (which is odd to say.)

Don't get me wrong, I really don't like their run and there was A LOT that I hated. But they at least understood that he was capable, what his role as Time Master was and tried to give an explanation for why he turned out a certain way in one of their plots. There was enough of the character to be recognizable, if you took away the name and costume then asked me who King's character was supposed to be I wouldn't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment