Friday, April 12, 2019

DC Solicits for July 2019

Some thoughts on how a few of these connect.



Lois Lane: I trust Rucka FAR more than Bendis and like Lois which is enough to get me to read this. I'm hoping the aged up Jon stuff isn't in it though.


Deathstroke: If Jericho takes up the role of Deathstroke I'd be interested even if I prefer him being a hero. I don't care for Slade but I don't think this death will stick. Does Damian kill Slade? Because if Rose figures out who did it that would leak out. It'd be interesting to see how Bruce and others reaction to that. I might have to read the current arc if it's going to make a big impact.


Event Leviathan/Snyders' Year of Villains: I admit I probably wouldn't be interested in either of the main titles before I happened upon several rumors. Said rumors say that Jason is turning villain because of one or both of these events. If true that pisses me off--a lot--and makes me not want to support anything tying in to these. As far as Lex Luthor making an offer to Jason, well at least that wouldn't come quite out of the blue since Lobdell already had Lex in RHATO. But whether Lex is offering to bring back Jasons' friends or Jason is using it as an excuse to get to Lex for his role in his dads' disappearance/death there's at least some story already in place.

While Event Leviathan says Red Hood has a guest appearance that doesn't mean he can't take a bigger role later on.


Young Justice: Tim gets a new codename...then why make him Robin again? I never liked Red Robin so this is good news...as long as the name works.


Red Hood: Outlaw Annual #3: I've been missing Artemis and Bizarro so this is amazing. I don't think Jason will be in this or their being meeting up with Jason yet. Not if this Year of Villains stuff is going to play out. Which might have been hinted at in the Batman and Flash crossover ending. BTW it's great to see the Soy cover.


Red Hood Outlaw: I like that Jason is referred to "a son of the bat" which is pretty rare. So does Bunker turn on Jason to help Penguin? It might have to do with Solitary messing his head up. The cover image does hint at this even if the solicit suggests Bunker is busy defending the Lounge. Lex offers Jason sidekicks? I'm not a fan of Jason taking sidekicks but he does sympathize and try to help others. Duela Dent for example. Even still I don't want Jason to be a villain or under Lexs' thumb.


Raphael confirmed as the Red Hood turtle? Cute. It looks kinda like it was styled after the Arkham Knight Red Hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment