Friday, June 28, 2019

Short Review: Teen Titans #31

The team versus Lobo.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I thought the reason why Lobo took an interest would be related to the Lex Luthor offer from YOTV. It's actually from the Other, I'm guessing the tie in will happen with Lex buying off Lobo and maybe the Other. I'm not a Lobo fan, I'm mostly indifferent to him because he really doesn't seem to have much substance. As expected he's not a great father. This is a guy that was put on the Justice League.

I do like Crush, she's the most interesting of the new characters and is the only thing I like that's connected to Lobo. Most of the issue was an ongoing fight which makes for a short read. I'm not sure how non-meta kids like Red Arrow and Robin can survive Lobo unless he was intentionally taking it easy on them. I'm also not sure why Djinn took Lobo to Crush's wall. To show him that she was obsessed with him? I don't think he would care beyond commenting on it. He has no problem beating and killing his children so why would he care about their feelings?

This was a good issue for the art to shine but plot wise not much happens beyond the battle. The team briefly have conflict due to the secrets prison and Deathstroke being killed. Which shouldn't be forgotten but it's not the time to argue about it either. As much as the Lobo confrontation needs to happen I'm not sure if the timing will do the plot any favors.

I already feel for not just for Crush but also her mom for having to deal with the fact she hooked up with Lobo.

No comments:

Post a Comment