Thursday, May 14, 2020

Why does Harley like Booster?

I've been frustrated that there haven't been a lot of Booster appearances that I want to read. I don't read Injustice. I didn't want to read more of the Giffin/DeMatteis version with Justice League 3001.

I skipped the Dceased tie in, etc. A lot of these titles aren't to my taste. I'm not fond of Harley Quinn nor what sounded like a "Booster is dumb" appearance in the solicits. Then I heard about Harley having a thing for him and that definitely made me cringe.



The writer Sam Humphries has said in an interview that he read the beginning of HIC and thought King was hinting at an attraction between Harley and Booster. Which is very odd to me since I got that impression Booster seemed very uncomfortable around her and she, you know, gleefully tried to murder him. Several times. Recently DC surprised readers by breaking up Harley and Ivy (apparently refusing to let Humphries to use her) so this upsets their fans even more.

At best I'm indifferent to Harley, at worse she annoys the hell out of me and I avoid her when I can. I'm a Booster Gold fan that doesn't want him anywhere near her. I honestly don't see why he'd want to be around her after what he went through. It really sends out bad vibes. Can't we get back to figuring out who Rip's mom is and avoid pairing him up with the woman that (somehow) almost killed him with a smile on her face?

2 comments:

  1. Fans of the characters can either accept the events of HEROES IN CRISIS or HARLEY QUINN but definitely not both. There is no way the characters in one story are the same as the characters wearing their laundry in the other. Therefore, one or both of these stories must take place on an alternate Earth, and I'll be okay if neither world is ever seen again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be fine if neither were canon, but yeah, they really don't mesh.

    ReplyDelete