Thursday, January 24, 2019

DC Solicits For April 2019

Not much to buy for me but a few interesting things to note.


Heroes in Crisis: There's so much to be angry about with this series and how it represents the worst in comics. I've seen a lot of the outrage and felt some of it too. This cover shows Wally fans what they want, a happy Wally West, but it's not real making it just a taunt. There were rumors about Wally being the killer, etc. making this just tick everyone off more. It's been said a lot in the past few months but why is DC backtracking on their promise with Rebirth? We want a more hopeful DCU. All this does dark and gritty stuff does is breed apathy.

Titans: With the series being cancelled it really does feel like DC hates this team lately. Are the characters going to show up anywhere else?

Teen Titans/Deathstroke: I haven't been able to buy Damian being able to hold all these prisoners (some powerful ones at that) by himself. I'm not a Deathstroke fan by any stretch of the imagination but I'm at least hopeful this can show Damian how reckless he's being.

Batman: If this is all one giant tease without Selina and Bruce getting back together at the end of this run this will all feel like one giant waste of time. I know this will likely be a dream but it feels like this has been drawn out really long.

Detective Comics: I was one of the few people that wasn't too fond of the Arkham Knight story. I feel like it could have been done better and didn't like how crammed in it felt. I don't really have any desire to read about the new one but I'm getting the 1000th issue so Tomasi can still sell me on it.

Red Hood (and the) Outlaw(s): I keep writing the old title out by habit but I don't want to change it. I heard the rumors that Jason is becoming a villain. If it's temporary then it's fine although I'm hoping he doesn't screw over people like Damian and Bunker. I have no idea how this is going to work and also keep Jasons' ID a secret. Maybe it wouldn't?


DC Essentials Red Hood Figure: I'm guessing that this figure is being made to help celebrate the anniversary of Batman. Which would likely mean more Batman allies will be made in this wave. I'm a little hopeful this means Artemis and Bizarro will also be made not long afterward. As for Red Hood, I have to say this is the best looking of the Essentials figure I've seen so far since the portions look right. I like that they made the effort to have a shiny helmet although he doesn't seem to be able to hold any weapons at this point. Will the small arsenal of weapons include the All Blades? Will he have another pair of hands and an unmasked head? Mattel is making a Red Hood figure too so it should be fun to see who's turns out better.

No comments:

Post a Comment