Saturday, August 18, 2018

One of the reasons I'm proud of Roy

I think I mentioned this bit in my review but I keep thinking about it when Roy had his big hero moment recently. I remembered reading Batman Plus Arsenal.

It was my introduction to Roy Harper. The comic touched on him being a dad, his flaws and his then loss of his mentor. But I loved how Roy interacted with Batman.

Roy goes to Dick for help regarding his ex Cheshire. Dick thinks he should work with Bruce but Roy is honestly creeped out by the dark knight.


The main reason? Because of Batman's reaction when Roy shot at him as Speedy.


Which makes Roy's take down of Bruce all the more impressive for me. I know it's not the same canon but it made the fact Roy stood up to him feel like it added to their relationship too. Because he actually got the drop on Batman.


Plus there was a bit that was touched on in Batman Plus Arsenal that I was also reminded of.


Yeah it gets dropped and the issue ended more positively but I loved that Roy started to call Bruce out on being cold. On how superheroes treat their kids and how he's seen vs. Dick. I really see Roy as someone that doesn't put up with seeing other kids being treated like crap by their mentors/parent figures. 


Best friend ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment