Saturday, August 25, 2018

Theory on why Red Hood's helmets break

I know the real reason is for artistic purposes like showing his emotions or symbolism. But it does remind me of some thing I heard before.

This is a very short idea for why it happens and won't be a big deal. Still it's a way to make sense out of it.



Ever since Forerunner broke the helmet in Countdown it's been breaking--a lot. Awhile ago I saw a move called A Knights' Tale with Heath Ledger.

MINOR SPOILERS AHEAD for A Knights Tale.

In the movie Heath' s character briefly is in a joust where one of the blows crushes his helmet enough that he can't remove it. In the commentary they said this was based on a story of it happening to a knight.

My theory is pretty simple: I think Jason manufactured his helmets so they would break under too much pressure. That way he'd prevent it from getting stuck on or getting the parts crushed into his head by a strong foe.

2 comments:

  1. I doubt there's an in story reason for that. Jason was very surprised that the Talon's knife was able to crack his helmet back in Volume 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know why they do it but this is me rationalizing it in universe.

      I saw that as the blade being ridiculously sharp not threatening to crush Jason's head under pressure.

      Delete