Tuesday, November 20, 2018

DC Solicits

I'm not really in the best of moods and nothing in the solicits really excited me.


I suppose the Young Justice line is the most hopeful but I don't plan to look into any of it for awhile. Money is a factor for this. Maybe after a TPB comes out I'll look into one. I enjoyed most of the last Amethyst series so I'm having mixed feelings on this appearence.

Aging up Jon Kent is a horrible idea if it's going to stick. Not just because it will be hard to explain to people like Perry but it will throw out tons of potential storylines. It also raises the question why Kon couldn't be used instead.

I liked what Lobdell did with Joker's Daughter last time even if I don't like the character. The story could be great but seeing her made me lose interest. Maybe because of what she did to Jason and not wanting her to mess with Dick?

Everytime I read about a character doing something that will "change ____ forever" I suspect the worst. Given Jason's state of mind this could be a bad thing. I think the person on tumblr that's supposed to be a source claimed Jason might do something bad that would upset fans.

Though it could be the Damian thing. While I always like DC acknowledging that Damian isn't in fact better than his brothers at fighting I don't want Jason to do what Bruce did to him. Given the fact Jason doesn't like children getting hurt this is a big sticking point for me. BFTC didn't get this but Tomasi did. There's a little hope that Wingman in RHATO is also this Red Hood. Personally I never understood why Jason would go to Damian if he was kicked out of the family. Given his obsession and recklessness with taking down Underlife I can't see him making the effort. The only way this works for me besides the possible Wingman theory is if Djinn is the traitor and is purposely messing with Damian.


I'm not really all that excited for future comics at the moment. Hopefully their be better than they sound but I just need something positive right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment