Sunday, October 13, 2019

DC Essentials Next Waves

This news has been out for awhile but I didn't feel like mentioning it because it just felt so lazy.

I can't say I'm too impressed since it's eight figures that are variants and repaints of pasts figures. Four of which are supposed to be DCeased related (but I don't think Harley ever got turned. At least not yet.) Two are Batman and two are Superman. This is just disappointing, it feels like a huge waste of potential.

If they were pressed for time DCC could have done new characters with new heads instead. Red Hood was such a pleasant surprise, it got me to buy two other figures from this line even if I wasn't sure how long it would last. Granted there is already a lot of cost cutting across the board with the constant reusing of the same bodies with some newer pieces being used. I hope this isn't a line killer and isn't going to be the norm if it continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment