Wednesday, October 18, 2017

So King was bad at characterization again ?

I can't say I'm surprised.

SPOILERS AHEAD

He seems to be lazy with it trying to fit the square peg into the round hole for unneeded drama. I don't think he's grasped other characters either but Jason isn't a class clown, he wouldn't judge a thief on her past and he's never given a damn about Bruce's personal life. The only time I recall him not liking Selina was Pre-Crisis when he wanted his adopted mother Nocturna to be with Bruce.

Come to think of it has Jason ever interacted with Selina after Pre-Crisis? I recall Jason listing the worst of the worst during the flashback of Underbelly's creation which she was present for in RHA. But I saw that more as "all of Batman's notable rogues galley" than seeing them all on equally evil footing.

Regardless when a fighting games character intros are better characterizations than the writing in a comic book there's a problem.

2 comments:

  1. That's the only way he knows to write Jason tbh. Only this time it's worse because King had Jason say some insensitive, inane things.

    And this issue also makes dislike Bat Cat so much. What jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recall him saying he likes writing Jason which is ironic because what he wrote clearly wasn't Jason. He should create his own character if he wants to do this crap. I'd prefer if Jason said nothing and no one talked about him when he cameos if this is how he's treated.

    King really shouldn't be writing these books if he has no understanding of the characters.

    ReplyDelete