Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Some quick thoughts

Just some short summaries on some titles I haven't really wrote much about. No real spoiler.

Aquaman: I love this title and honestly it's a little shocking it's the same writer from Titans. Garth is just so much more likable in this series done by the same writer. I'm new to reading Aquaman as a title although I've read about the characters elsewhere. I don't think there's a scene I haven't loved. Dolphin is amazing as is the art since I can clearly understand what she's saying through it. She's mute but I got what she was saying before Aquaman did. Mera is badass, there's such a feeling of rich lore and characters I never saw before that I enjoy reading about.

Gotham City Garage: I know this is going to sound odd to some but I couldn't get into the first couple issues of Bombshells. I love the era but it didn't hold my interest. GCG did and while I have a ton of questions about how it all works I'm not sure if their flaws or things that will have reasonable explanations. No mentions here because those are spoilers. There are interesting twists on some of the characters. I keep wondering who's going to show up and what the character histories are. 

Gotham Academy: This finished up and I'll be writing more about this in my yearly writers write up. I think it could have been a stronger series but it stretched out the main plot too long. Maps remains the series biggest success and I'm happy with the way her part in the series went. I was also happy with a certain character's cameo which sadly was the only series I read with him this year that made him truly likable.

No comments:

Post a Comment