Thursday, February 21, 2019

DC Solicits for May 2019

I think this is the second time BC found the solicits early with Previews.


DCEASED: Is this an Elseworlds story? Yup, it was confirmed not long after the solicits were leaked by BC. Tom Taylor has shown some talent for writing DC characters but I don't know if I'm fully on board yet. I want something more positive from DC so probably not something for me at the moment. Love the IT variant with Jason (Dick doesn't have green pants and Joker actually killed Jason so it makes more sense.)


Teen Titans: I can't say for sure yet if Damian is truly out of character in this series like some have said but he has been backtracking since RSOB ended. I want him to grow as a character and FINALLY face the consequences of his actions. Bruce pretty much let's Damian do whatever he wants with little to no supervision. I don't think Damian can move forward at this point unless Bruce and others stop turning a blind eye. Sure it doesn't mention Bruce finding out but at least his team isn't going to let his actions stand, according to Glass something will fraction them.


Heroes in Crisis: I just want this to be over with already. There's little to no chance anything can be salvaged from this series the longer it goes on. Best case scenario for this mess at this point? Wally is falsely accused of murdering the other heroes (one of which was Roy.) Booster becomes some "pillar of DC" (despite his whole point being a Time Master is that he's the "greatest hero you never heard of.") Harley Quinn gets further shoehorned into being a "hero" and annoys us all further.


Detective Comics Annual: I really enjoyed the Reaper stories so I'm hoping their still intact and this doesn't mess with them too much.


Doomsday Clock: Is it too naïve to hope Johns can undo a lot of the recent stories with this series?


Red Hood (and the) Outlaw(s): I got to be honest, I'm getting more and more worried as this series goes on. Simply because it feels like a direction editorial is pushing lately. Essence could be cool if we get into Jasons' concerns about his death/resurrection/soul but I don't want a romance.



The more I hear about Bendis' work the more worried I become about rumors. I was going to give Young Justice a try despite the many times his work ticked me off in the past but I'm passing. Unless the rumors are fake I don't think I'll spent money on his work while he mishandles another favorite character of mine for a contrived story. Besides King I've also grown tired of Snyder lately. It gets me mad that DC is cutting back books and doesn't seem to see the problem with their current direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment