Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Toyfair 2019 Highlights 2

I haven't really been that impressed with selection shown this year.


One of the things I was looking forward to was seeing what Mattel had planned for the last year of their DC license. I did enjoy their previous showing and was looking forward to seeing a painted Red Hood figure or getting the official line ups for the waves. All we got was this which was honestly pretty underwhelming. Many fans of the Multiverse line were upset especially since we don't know what figures will be released.

If this is the last/only wave we're getting I'm more than a little annoyed over it. I was especially looking forward to the most comic accurate Jason Todd figure I've ever seen. An employee for Mattel has said on the Fwoosh boards that he'd be very surprised if they don't release the figures they showed last year. The only one I might get from this showing would be Tim and only if the Red Hood and Nightwing figures are released. Extremely disappointing but I'm hoping we will get a full 2019 wave line up soon.


DC Essentials is apparently ending their line after Red Hood, at least that's what's assumed since MacFarlane pretty much said he'll be filling the void for Mattel and DCC. I already pre-ordered Nightwing when Red Hood was announced but I don't think I'll get anymore unless their on discount. This was just another false hope of a start of a DC line.

Red Hood doesn't show any of the accessories that were mentioned in the solicits but hopefully he comes with different hands otherwise the guns are pointless. The grave backdrop does not come with the figure and it's actually a "WAYNE" grave not his.


Todd MacFarlene talked about what his DC line will be like. He sounds passionate about it, promises articulation, good sculpting, and selection (animated, comic, movies, etc.) The only thing that concerns me a little is his "sexy as hell" comment at the end. If anyone has seen some of his "sexy" figures you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment