Saturday, February 16, 2019

Toyfair 2019 Hightlights 1

Some of the things shown so far have already been seen either from last year or various other sources before Toyfair. A few did get my attention though.

Hiya Toys has shown all of the male figures on display but this is the first time we get to see painted versions of Supergirl and Wonder Woman from Injustice 2.

Mezco One:12 has new figures but the only one that I'd theoretically get would be comic Wonder Woman. I almost got Catwoman and one of the Batman but backed out once I heard about breakage. The cost of these already make me hesitate to give them a try. I'd like the product to be leagues beyond retail figures if their this expensive.

While this wasn't at Toyfair (yet?) I saw pictures online. Did a lot of people demand BTAS styled characters that never appeared in the show? I have no interest in any of these and I hate this version of Red Hood. Not only is the outfit dull but the unmasked head is hideous. No eyebrows, villain eyes that look like they have deep bags, weird hair (I'm not even talking about the white strip), and that does not say Jason Todd. I've seen someone say it's closer to Frank Castle. This looks like an older character and yes the white strip adds to that problem. I'd much rather get figures based on the Batman Under the Red Hood movie than these. Those could have been incredible and from an actual emotional story but instead we get this? HARD PASS.

No comments:

Post a Comment