Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Teen Titans spoilers

I've read spoilers but haven't looked at the series or seen scans yet. Here's my first thoughts on it.

SPOILERS AHEAD

I want to like the idea of Damian going to Jason for help but I don't trust the direction of this series. I don't feel like this is going to be a "Jason is being a big bro looking out for Damian" story but another "Jason is bad" plot. The solicits even calls Damians' mentor a bad influence. I don't like the idea of Damians' behavior being shrugged off by using Jason as a scapegoat. He's made enough bad choices on his own and this plot was used before with Nobody.

I worry that this with be yet another way for Damian sidestep his responsibility to put a negative light on Jason instead. The prison where Damian tortures his enemies shouldn't be something Jason had a part in. Jason mostly kills his enemies or beats them up really bad when he's in dark periods. I'd like it if Damian took what Jason said and twisted it to suit his needs but I don't have much hope for that.

The Heroes for Crisis character file claims Bruce had a falling out with Damian. Is that before or after this? Didn't Damian start this crap before Jason lost everything?

I also worry how this fits in with Jason's current story. I just have a hard time picturing him being in such a dark place if there's family willing to spend time with him. Maybe he would still be going through this stuff once he's solo but he wouldn't encourage Damian to torture people.

And I don't want this to be a story about Jason using Damian to get back at Bruce either.

No comments:

Post a Comment