Monday, July 14, 2014

DC Solicits for October

Thoughts and SPOILERS for some of the comics mentioned below. I might be looking into the Marvel solicits soon to see if anything catches my eye.





SUPERGIRL #35 Written by TONY BEDARD
Art by KARL MOLINE
Cover by GUILLEM MARCH
On sale OCTOBER 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
“SUPERMAN: DOOMED AFTERMATH”! In the waked of the DOOMED storyline, the ALIEN SYNDICATE looks to re-establish it’s foothold on Earth. But the venom powered Red Hood looks for even more muscle in Kara as they go head to head with the scum and villainy of the galaxy. Plus: an ending that will set Kara on a new course!

I thought Jason was attacking Kara based on her reaction on the cover. I guess this means Jason and Kara will team up for a second time. It took me a moment to understand what "venom powered" meant since I've been going through old Spider-Man comics recently. I guess that answers one of my questions on what's going on in RHATO...


RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #35 Written by WILL PFEIFER
Art by R.B. SILVA
Cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
On sale OCTOBER 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Things are spinning out of control for the Outlaws when Roy realizes that he’s the only member of the team not abusing drugs!

First of all--WTF! I'm a little behind on my comics due to misplacing them but why do Kori AND Jason have to get hooked on drugs at the same time?! I know about Kori formerly being addicted in the Secret Origins issue but WHY go back to it? AND bring Jason there too? Just so they can relate to Roy better? Jasons' mother was an addict and he fought like hell rise above that. To keep her clean. I have to catch up because unless Jason is trying to stop a superpowered foe or the bad guys gets him addicted I have trouble buying this. Who is the writer Lobdell or Pfeifer? Also...is the snake the only enemy the could put on the cover?


BATMAN ETERNAL #26 Written by SCOTT SNYDER, JAMES TYNION IV, RAY FAWKES, KYLE HIGGINS and TIM SEELEY
Art by R.M. GUERA
Cover by CLAY MANN
On sale OCTOBER 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Martial law is imposed on Gotham City! Learn the secret history of one of Batman’s most dangerous foes as he takes center stage!

I loved this cover from the moment I first saw it. Let's start with Batman who I didn't even realize was trapped/hung up on the first glance. He can't do anything to help himself so the trio here are trying to save him. Barbara looks a little too pose-y as she attempts to free him. While I don't like her deer-in-the-headlights reaction (as she looks like the least threatening bat kid) at least she's trying to move the debris. What makes me love this cover is four part.

The art is pretty lovely, what's left of the family (not counting the newbies) are all together, I'm pleased with Jason and I'm happy with Tim. Jason is finally in the front defending his family (hey look he has guns again, yay!) as Barbara saves Bruce. But as great as that is I love that Tim is just posing like a stereotypical comic cover girl. Seriously how does that offer any protection with him strutting around to show off his chest and rear?

 
GREEN LANTERN #35

 Well this is Hal we're talking about here. I doubt he think through most any of the things he does.

INFINITY MAN AND THE FOREVER PEOPLE #4 Written by DAN DIDIO and KEITH GIFFEN
Art by KEITH GIFFEN and SCOTT KOBLISH
Cover by HOWARD PORTER
On sale OCTOBER 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Following their battle against Mantis, a Boom Tube mishap forces the Forever People to find alternative transportation back to New Genesis. After getting some unexpected help from Bat Cow, they arrive home to learn that Azur Te has come to join the team – and Guy Gardner has brought the Green Lantern/New Gods conflict to their doorstep!

Bat Cow. BAT COW. I can not express how the continued existence of this idea makes me feel. Hint: It's not positive. 

2 comments:

  1. I see that Kara is back to wearing that red diaper thing again.

    And they really shouldn't use "small mind" and "Hal" in the same sentence.

    But wait...Guy is a Green Lanterns again perchance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think the Red Lantern thing would last.

    Well it is hard to resist. ;)

    I guess? I remember hearing that they wanted to keep him a RL for awhile so I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete