Friday, April 22, 2011

How Rips' Drawn

I mostly liked Batsias' art but I hate his rendering of Rip Hunter. He makes the guy seem so much older, not that good looking (certainly doesn't look like he's related to Booster) and a little out of shape. Of course it's not the worst, I detested Giffins' poiny headed Rip. Why do people forget that Rips' a sex symbol? No seriously, his first appearance had him running around topless for most of the adventure.

Photobucket

"I have to strip! Even though this is clearly a plant eater I need some flimy excuse! Now let's get those pants off..."

2 comments:

  1. Oh Rip. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree apparently.

    This reminds me a little bit of Buck Wargo from those old "Guy Gardner:Warrior" books. The fight wasn't over until Buck's shirt got ripped. After that, they all sat around and drank beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are little things that make me laugh and think "yeah he's Boosters' kid." Like the time he was fleeing and jumped out a window telling "touchdown!"

    Jurgens is pretty good about tearing costumes on Booster but for some strange reason he never let Rips' shirt get completely torn off.

    ReplyDelete