- Demon Knights. Lots of fun and twists. It exists on it's own since it take place at a different time but in some cases we see what certain characters were like when they were younger. It paints a better picture of who they are and why they changed.
- Batwing. I trade waited on this and it's so good. I don't really care for most of the Batman Inc. stuff but Batwing is a real gem. I'm firmly in the David camp as he showed something not really explored. His struggles felt more real and at times futile than Bruce Wayne's fight in Gotham. Plus I love redemption stories.
- I, Vampire. It's another great series with great characters. It's NOT the Twilight book many suspected. This was always entertaining and despite being cut short never felt like we were cheated on the story. Everything flowed and it even managed a few surprises.
- Sword of Sorcery. This was my favorite female lead book in the new 52 and was always a joy to read. Of course it's being cancelled but it managed to explain it's world without ever putting breaks to the plot.
- Justice League Dark. Another welcomed book in a sea of superhero series. Some writing changes don't work as well as others but it's part of a wave of books that wouldn't have existed prior to the relaunch.
- Green Lantern books. Admittedly I haven't been following any GL series since the relaunch but I just want to say I'm happy that all the Earth GLs made it into DCnU. We even got another GL. And will be having a female one in the future.
- Justice League International (before the Annual.) Booster Gold in charge with Batman trusting him, a supportive team and potential love interest. It was good while it lasted.
- Batwoman I didn't like the first trade but I loved her team up with Wonder Woman forward. I enjoy Kate and her cast. I'm thrilled that she has her own series. As long as she remains her own woman and doesn't become lost in Batman's shadow I'll be happy.
- Red Hood and the Outlaws It's more than what people labelled and seeing these characters grow has earned a special place in my heart. Kori isn't pining over Dick, she's a former space commander. Roy is a tech genius that loves his friends above all else. And Jason is on a path to redemption and has the support he needs. I might not like the current story under Tynion but Lobdell created something special I adore.
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Books I'm Thankful for us Getting
Since we all feel a little frustrated with it I might as well think of the good things we got.