Monday, October 20, 2014

DC spoils the Robin reveal in solicits

Shown here. Thoughts below so SPOILERS AHEAD.

Funnily enough I wasn't trying to read this article as I was looking at the Worlds End etc. solicits when the link showed the face.

I have to say I'm disappointed.

Not surprised but disappointed that it's so predictable. At least in terms of him returning.

Damian shouldn't have died in the first place but bringing him back from the dead? That such a obvious retreaded idea it's not only boring it's cheap drama. It also reduces his relationship with others further (at least when written by Tomasi) because the blood related kid is treated better than the others and never gets punished.

As for the powers, I doubt their last but if they do I think having Damian of all people get them is horrible. Unless this version gets disciplined it's pretty futile.

2 comments:

  1. Actually...yes, it's a bit lame, but I ended up actually liking the little monster, so I guess I'm glad that he's going to be back.

    I really miss Bat-Cow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Bat-Cow showed up in Batman and Robin.

    ReplyDelete