Thursday, October 23, 2014

Spiderverse and my feelings on it thus far

I quit Marvel years ago after they ended the MC2 Spider-Girl series. It was the only thing that got me to hang around after One More Day. I recently returned to buy Scarlet Spider (Kaine Parker) trades and get the criminally underrated New Warriors by Yost. I've been iffy on Spiderverse since it's basically just an excuse to kill off different spider characters. From what I've read it doesn't matter if these version are beloved or from a cartoon series--chances are they will be brutally murdered. Some of them already have been. There are two bright spots in this however as there will be mingling of these characters and other writers will be handling mini series.

Seeing how some of my favorites have already been slaughtered for this storyline I'm not that thrilled. That said the team for Spider-Girl will be returning for a story which I want to get out of loyalty to them (plus they actually know how to write Mayday.) Maybe Scarlet Spiders since I'm a fan of Kaine and Ben...I'm not familiar with Jessica. Even so it's a little weird for someone that's been reading DC to see all these $3.99 price tags.

Speculation for SPIDER-VERSE TEAM-UP #3 ahead.

Now the story the Spider-Girl team are doing is about her teaming up with a "mystery Spider." One that we can't tell the identity of. The outline seems to imply it's male. Just having her with "our" Peter Parker might be nice but would it really be surprising? Gerry Drew hasn't showed up but it would be a treat to see he wasn't forgotten. I'd like to see her with Kaine although that doesn't seem as likely. This could be where she learns that Ben and Kaine are clones of her dad, something that's always been kept from her. Having her team up with Ben actually makes the most sense. If not him then probably another well known version of some Spider character I'm forgetting. I'd like it to be either Ben or his son just so May can FINALLY learn the truth after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment