Monday, November 20, 2017

DC Solicits for February 2018

Some potential buys for the month.




THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD: BATMAN AND WONDER WOMAN #1 Written by LIAM SHARP
Art and cover by LIAM SHARP
Don’t miss the start of a new, six-issue miniseries written and illustrated by Liam Sharp (WONDER WOMAN)! When a Celtic god’s murder leads to a war between the fairy folk and a possible breach between worlds, Wonder Woman must find the murderer and keep the peace while Batman investigates strange occurrences in Gotham City. As Diana must turn to the World’s Greatest Detective for help, the two heroes quickly learn their cases may be connected.
On sale FEBRUARY 21 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T+



I heard this might be a little Diana/Bruce shippy but Sharp said he likes Diana/Steve too. It takes place before Bruce proposes to Selina. I'm willing to give this a try for more Diana. I wasn't wowed previously by Simone's WW which is why I'm not getting her mini. I'm intrigued by the Celtric gods so this sounds good.




ACTION COMICS #997 Written by DAN JURGENS
Art by WILL CONRAD
Cover by BRETT BOOTH and NORM RAPMUND
Variant cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
“BOOSTER SHOT” part five! Superman and Booster Gold are stranded in time on a world ruled by not one but two Generals Zod! As Lor-Zod asserts himself as rightful heir to the military dictatorship of their adopted homeworld, Old Man Zod turns his attention to the interlopers from the past. Our heroes’ only hope of survival is to repair their craft and get home—but to do that, they’ll need to travel into the belly of beast!
On sale FEBRUARY 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T



Zod is in a lot of these solicits. Anyway I'm excited about a lengthy Booster Gold arc and glad Jurgens is doing it since the last writer to use Booster did such a...well I still don't know what was up with that issue. But was anyone else distracted by this cover? I don't know, it just looked like Superman was coping a feel on Booster to me. Maybe it's because I saw that Seinfield episode but I can't look at this image without thinking that even though I know the intent.



MERA: QUEEN OF ATLANTIS #1 Written by DAN ABNETT
Art by LAN MEDINA
Cover by NICOLA SCOTT
Variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
From the pages of AQUAMAN comes a brand-new adventure starring Mera, in her own title for the first time ever!
As the brutal Atlantean Civil War rages, Mera must keep the peace between the surface world and Atlantis as its newly anointed queen in exile. But when Aquaman’s brother Orm, a.k.a. Ocean Master, learns of his homeland’s fate, he’ll stop at nothing to return to Atlantis as its king and savior!
On sale FEBRUARY 28 • 32 pg, FC, 1 of 6, $3.99 US • RATED T



I'm enjoying Aquaman so I'm definitely getting this one although I might hold off on it for a few months. Mera is just awesome and it's fantastic that she's finally getting noticed enough to have her own mini series.



DETECTIVE COMICS #975 Written by JAMES TYNION IV
Art and cover by ALVARO MARTINEZ and RAUL FERNANDEZ
Variant cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
“THE TRIAL OF BATWOMAN”! In a 30-page anniversary story, Batwoman faces scrutiny from Batman and Red Robin but stands up for her actions. Will Batman allow her to continue bearing his symbol after everything she has done?
On sale FEBRUARY 28 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T



While I wouldn't be getting this issue this is kind of satisfying to see. And I say that as a Kate fan. She didn't tick me off to the level New 52-Present Barbara Gordon has but her actions in RHATO were uncalled for. I took it as Lobdell giving a nod to whatever this storyline is with Kate going too far. I seriously doubt Tynion will mention what she did there or that it will be taken in mind for this issue. It would be nice if it was and someone suggests returning the favor by sending her to the SS. Because seriously Kate that was messed up.




GOTHAM CITY GARAGE #10 Written by COLLIN KELLY and JACKSON LANZING
Art by ANEKE
Cover by JOE PRADO
Meet the founding member of the Gotham City Garage: Black Canary! But where has she been the last five years? And what secrets await in the dark caves of Ra’s al Ghul?
On sale FEBRUARY 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+ • DIGITAL FIRST



It's funny but I just read someone asking where Black Canary was since she seems like an obvious character to feature in this series. I'm getting this series already but I'm hoping for more stuff. I want to know what happened in Guy's past.




NIGHTWING #39 Written by SAM HUMPHRIES
Art and cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
Variant cover by YASMINE PUTRI
“THE UNTOUCHABLE—FACE OFF”! In a flashback issue with art by Phil Jimenez, witness the second early encounter between Nightwing and the Judge, when Dick Grayson was a college student and a Teen Titan—a meeting that haunts him still.
On sale FEBRUARY 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T



I'm getting the first issue so I don't know if I'll still be reading at this point. But was Dick aged up or was he in college a couple of years ago? Did he go to college early?




RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #19 Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by MARCIO TAKARA
Cover by MIKE McKONE
Variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
“Date Night”! By day, Artemis and Red Hood are teammates, but tonight they’re going out on their first date. Tonight they’re leaving Crime Alley behind and sampling the finer things Gotham City has to offer, including a surprise visit to the Batcave! With his friends gone for the night, how will Bizarro spend his free time? And what’s the deal with Artemis’ warning from last issue? Answers will definitely be revealed.
On sale FEBRUARY 14 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+



I don't want to get invested in this plot quite yet as I fully expect to have the rug tugged out from under me. This could be a "they pretend to be on a date for a mission" thing. Look I've been screwed with in fandoms whenever Valentine's Day stuff comes out. RWBY fans know what I mean. While I don't think it came out on the same day Tynion ended Jason's relationship with Isabel in February. If they go there it could be fun with Artemis meeting the family. It would be funny if it tied into the Annual with Dick wanting them to get together because he suspected it. For now it's best to assume it's not going to amount to anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment