Tuesday, November 21, 2017

This stuff on tumblr reminded me of Devin Grayson

No, not the Renegade stuff or the no consent scandal. I mean her interest in writing headcanon/fanfics into canon.

I remember her saying she saw Dick Grayson as having romantic feelings for Bruce and so forth. I believe Hugo Strange even alluded to it once. Then there was the novel Inheritance which is infamous for it's male on male tones. I was curious if it was as bad as I heard and skimmed for lines from it online. I came upon this one between Aquaman and Green Arrow. Their discussing their freaking kids and even Arthur seems disgusted with Ollie.



“Your boy’s looking good,” he commented, both because it was true and because he was making an effort to honor the role he had assumed as Green Arrow’s chief entertainment.

“Yeah, he is, isn’t he?” Ollie sounded pleased. “That kid’s always been a looker. They all are. No wonder people like to speculate.”

Arthur frowned slightly as Ollie laughed.

“I meant he looked healthy,” Arthur clarified.

“Oh, yeah.” Ollie was undaunted. “I meant the hero-sidekick thing, how everyone assumes we’re doing dirty things with these gorgeous kids in the—”

Arthur used his most regally authoritative voice to cut his friend off. “I know what you meant.”

“You never got that as much. Guess the whole breathing underwater thing is freaky enough. But Bats, man! Well, look at that kid, no wonder.”




"Gorgeous kids"? That and the fact he seems so pleased to be talking about this is more than a little unsettling. Stop being creepy Ollie.

No comments:

Post a Comment