Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Short Review: Trinity #15

I still have no idea how much of this is canon.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Was this plot just done to attempt to tie loose ends with the pits? Circe says Ra's didn't see the big picture but I don't see why it would matter to him. Maybe I missed this since the plot hasn't exactly captured my interest. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case but this is my understanding of the plot: Circe is sacrificing all these people to regain her soul. How does that benefit him? And why does she need it when we have someone like Constantine that's fine without his?

Yeah it was all a con but why was she acting like it wasn't before Constantine said otherwise? It doesn't matter if she fools anyone anymore. The Outlaws return but it's greatly undercut by the fact Batman took them there. Gotta say I'm tired of seeing a flawless Batman and he's able to outsmart someone using magic? That's still B.S.

Did they really need to name drop "Red Hood and the Outlaws" so much? Yeah it'd be great if the series got more readers but this arc barely had them in it. And Bizarro wasn't even written well and I don't think they really know who Artemis is. None of the heroes are able to stop Circe from being stabbed by Ra's or capture him after he does the deed. Riiight.

I will give this arc one praise though, the moment where Diana dives in after Circe was spot on. The cheesy ending with everyone pulling the rope? Not so much though I'm glad their all seen as heroes. I wasn't sure if there was an issue left when I read this because the ending is so abrupt.

Most of this story struggled to do anything with so many characters and wasted most of the potential with the guest appears from the Outlaws and the magic trio. Granted I do feel like Jason was more in character in his brief part here than he is when he appears in other series. But this really feels like little to no research was done. Bizarro still pointlessly does the opposite talk, Jason uses guns instead of the All Blades (which are made to damage magic) and Artemis has ONE interaction with Diana. Though that's more than Bizarro had with Superman.

Weird to think that Batman won't kill Joker but he did kill Jason. Technically.

This wasn't what I'd call a good read but I read far worse.



Say What?: I'm not sure why Circe called Diana her love. In the last runs I read she hated Diana and held a grudging respect for her.

Questions Raised?: Does armor do anything anymore? Batman looks like he injected Jason through his chest armor.

Batman temporarily killed the Outlaws to free them so how does that work with Deadman? He's already dead, all he is.. is a soul !

No comments:

Post a Comment