Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Short Review: Odyssey of the Amazons #1

This takes place a long before Diana is even born.

SLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD
This series caught my attention right away since I wanted to learn more Amazon lore. This stars Amazons I've never read before which made me a little hesitant in pre-ordering. So far I'm intrigued by the concept and curious to see how it plays out. I don't want to give much away but here's what gets the plot going. Queen Hippolyta has ordered Hessia and the Amazons to travel around the world to find immortal women to join their ranks. 

I'm not sure why these women weren't reborn with the other Amazons. Are they just immortals? No idea how it works since the Bana-Mighdall were Amazons that split from Hippolyta and worshipped different gods. Do these newcomers have to switch religions? This series has potential and if it lives up to it I'd love to see more Amazon spin off. While this doesn't have the fun of Demon Knight it made me realize how much I missed that era.

I was also concerned about this being a dull read but it isn't. I think there's not much room for fleshing characters out--at least not all of them--but it's the first issue. No real complaints.


Questions Raised?: What Artemis are they talking about? I can't see the goddess using magic to trick them. And Artemis of Bana-Mighdall didn't really use magic except after her death but I don't think she was Circe level. Why would she use magic to trick Amazons?

No comments:

Post a Comment