Monday, June 25, 2018

Flash #48

We get more insight into why Wally is against Barry.

SPOILERS AHEAD


You know I don't consider myself a Flash fan but I totally get the appeal especially with this issue. I have to say of all the different Flash stories I've read I've come to realize after this issue that I'm far more invested in Wally than Barry. I never read the issues with Irey and Jai but I definitely felt the emotional punch with their race ending with present day Wally realizing what he lost. Then Wally explaining it to the family and Iris remembering the twins. I read about her time with Bart which makes it sadder when she wonders if they forgot anyone else.

Barry doesn't have these memories making him more removed from the situation. Would he feel the same way if he remembered he has twins and grandkids (like Bart)? I feel like this situation would be resolved better if Barry suggested they both tried to get the others out without destroying the Speed Force. Again, Barry told Wally off before for not moving forward to get his life together but has he helped him?

I figure this arc will end with Barry "winning" and Wally being in the wrong but I feel worse knowing this will send Wally into the Heroes in Crisis mini. As much as I'd like Zoom to be honest I have my suspicions. The heartfelt moments are appreciated even if I think it will end on a downer.

I liked Kid Flash comforting Iris as the time line is erased, it just says so much about the characters. But is this implying Wally is changing history because it was already altering before this issue.

The art and writing really work well in the running scenes when Wally is thinking about what he lost and his memories of Barry when he realizes he's going against him. I'm glad I'm reading this arc even if I'm already preparing for the worst. At some point I will read issues of Irey and Jai. I'm rooting for Wally to win, at least enough to get them back.

No comments:

Post a Comment