Friday, June 8, 2018

If rumors are true I'll be mad

I'm not feeling so good so I've been trying to distract myself and came upon someone on tumblr that everyone says is a reliable source that sometimes teases stories. Maybe there's more than one person that fits that description, I don't know.

I know these rumors aren't always true even with people in the know since ideas change. As such they shouldn't be taken as the truth. I know, still just reading these things get me mad, because I've heard similair stories from others about behind-the-scenes stuff.


I read their answers to inquiries about the current Deathstroke storyline. Apparently the whole stunt is to stir people up after a creator was upset that they didn't get their frankly asinine ideas printed. (No, it doesn't sound like it's Priest. In fact it sounds an awfully lot like someone else.) This arc will unfortunately bleed into other titles and include some "racist and sexist" writing around one character. Because for whatever reason some other writers like the fallout.

I'm mainly writing this to remind myself of these rumors in the future if it comes to pass. (Which the source sadly claims it's already in the process of.) I dropped Marvel for their B.S. DC is on thin ice after what happened to Booster, WW lore and what most of the bat writers are getting away with. RHATO is my anchor book keeping me interested in DC. If DC screws this up as badly as it sounds I might drop everything except RHATO.

No comments:

Post a Comment