Friday, June 1, 2018

Extremely Short Review: DC Nation #0

A book that you can get for free on digital. I'm hoping less big named books could be included in future issues of DC Nation.

SPOILERS AHEAD

"Your Big Day" by Tom King

I honestly don't know what the point of this story was. Yes it hypes up Joker getting involved with the wedding but the story itself serves no purpose. Joker keeps a man hostage until the mail comes in and he find the wedding invite. Joker isn't funny, parts were confusing and it went exactly like everyone assumed. 

The guy dies at the end. Well why did Joker go to his house? Does the guy know Selina or Bruce? How did Joker hear about the wedding before the invites were released? Why does he need one if he already knows about the wedding? What's the letter about the daughter implying? That the father killed her days ago or that Joker did?  She had brown and blond hair? What? This wasn't an enjoyable read for me.



"Office Space" by Brian Michael Bendis

This was the best out of the three. It introduce a new character, built up interest in the upcoming story and had mostly good character work. Some dialogue felt off to me but otherwise this was a great story.



"No Justice" by Scott Snyder and James Tynion

I wish I could have found this more interesting than I did. There was a lot of text that I found tedious and repetition in the narrative. Still there were some good character moments to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment