Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Trip to the LCS

This was the first time I've been to the store since they remodeled that I could actually look around. It's usually too busy to do so without getting in someone's way. I came later than usual and for the first time in ages saw a couple of women shopping too. That was nice, I don't think it's so much that women don't read comics (a large percent do) just that some don't feel comfortable in comic stores. I've been lucky not to have encountered the horror stores I've heard about online. Anyway first thing I noticed was a digest trade of the JLU comic with Superman and Booster Gold. I didn't see a price though. Since I didn't know if I had enough on me I put it back. Hopefully it's still there when I return.

I also saw the small My Little Pony section. Yes I know it's a thing but the hybrid pony/doll was really freaky. The DCC collection was nice although I noticed the paint apps on the Earth 2 figures weren't great especially with WW. Wonder Girl came out good and the effect of the shiny red star field costume was nice. Oh to have more time and money to get some trades.

No comments:

Post a Comment