Tuesday, August 26, 2014

What to expect from the Future Ends Tie Ins?

Or as I saw it called filler month, has stated that these are only "possible" futures for their characters but that doesn't mean that seeds Future Ends aren't mixed in. Do these tales have anything to do with the current plots? Will there being any stand out books? Just some musings/predictions for my pull list next month. No real spoilers just things I've seen in the solicits, current stories and interviews. Here's what I'm getting:

Grayson: I have no idea since I dropped after the first issue if this will hint future plots or not. I'm getting this out of curiosity for where they see Dick being in 5 years. I still can't see the spy thing lasting that long for the character since the media knows him better as Robin then Nightwing. Still it's only a possible future. This will apparently take place in Russia and have him taking on the Red Star costume? Maybe that's just the cover. I can't see this affecting much outside of hints of things to come in its own title. Maybe a nod to something that's going on in the background in FE at most.

Batwoman: The current storyline apparently has the vampire angle being teased at. Will Kate become a vampire in present time? I can't see them doing it but it would definitely make her different than the other bats. I'm also interested in seeing Nocturna who they finally made a vampire despite her not previously being one. I have a soft spot for her being pre-crisis Jason Todds' adopted mom for a time.

Red Hood and the Outlaws: This will be dark, likely the darkest thing in this series so far. I have no idea what will happen to Kori as she hasn't been mentioned but apparently the guys aren't on friendly terms. They all go their separate ways which explains a little of Roy's sudden turn into his pre-Flashpoint self (minus the aghast and kid?)

Booster Gold: this is said to be the book that shows the biggest hint of what the future of DC will be in FE. It's also the only tie in that's not an ongoing title. This will be the first time Boosters' been written by Jurgens since the last issue of JLI which is another perk. I'm looking forward to this the most because even if the future is dark there's always hope as long as Booster is around. I have no idea what to expect although I believe this has multiple artists which is rarely good especially for a one shot.

Will any of these characters die in the tie ins? Likely, I'll be surprised if RHATO doesn't kill two of the leads. Roy being semi safe since he's in the main series. If these are all really depressing I might rank them in order from most angsty to least. I'm guessing Booster will be the lightest in tone. Should be interesting to see how off I am.

4 comments:

  1. Heh. "Filler month" is appropriate. It's as if DC is running the entire slate of ARMAGEDDON 2001 annuals in one month in place of the regular books. But if it brings back Booster, it can't be all bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least this September will have fillers that are linked with the characters and plot some what. Villains month was so forgettable.

    Booster returning is a highlight for me. It'd be nice if some of these books had something positive but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Booster Gold book is the only one, apart from Batwoman that even appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of my picks I think Grayson is the one I'm the least interested in.

    ReplyDelete