Sunday, July 1, 2018

Batman #50 was SPOILED

Spoilers found here.

Some thoughts about this. SPOILERS AHEAD


Awhile ago I commented to someone on doubts I had about the wedding going through. You know what they say about the Status Quo in comics. I was scoffed at and told they wouldn't build this wedding up so much just to drop it. For me it wasn't just an uncertainty that DC would change Batman into a married man that made me unsure.

It was the fact this wasn't an even bigger deal. The bat family hasn't really dealt with the marriage in their own titles. You'd think DC would focus on Selina actually trying to bond with her step-sons-to-be. To show Bruce being happier in other series. Something showing how this life changing event created a big change already. Nope. Sure we got the Preludes one shots/mini series but it wasn't complete. We don't know how Tim feels about it or other bat family members that were left out. In fact we don't know how Dick feels beyond being disappointed that he might not be the best man. I haven't read the Red Hood issue yet but I saw similar complaints about Barbara not seeming too investing in the wedding.

I heard that DC/King/etc. claim there's "a plan." Some think that the marriage will still happen but in #100. Whether it does or not people were mislead, the issue has tons of variants and retailers had to buy a lot of issues to get them. Even if the wedding is set at a later date that doesn't help the people who lost money. The retailers (who might or might not get refunded) or the fans. A lot of people are mad about being mislead and some are questioning why they should continue buying for a longer period of time on the chance of the wedding happening. I don't blame those that are dropping and calling it false advertising.

I'd be more angry myself if I followed along the series just to see them married. Especially since I'm not a King fan, which I've seen people claim was the only reason they kept buying. Still this is extremely disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment