Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Extremely Short Review: Catwoman #1

I pre-ordered this and I just got it in the mail.

SPOILERS AHEAD


For an issue that heavily links to the now infamous non-wedding issue of Batman there really wasn't much to do with it under the cover. I remember the solicit being misleading by saying something got her involved right after the wedding when this is a week later in universe. It's not referred to by name but Selina' s trouble sleeping is mentioned and she gets upset at the package Alfred sent returning her costume. 

Most of the plot revolves around a woman arranging for *ahem* "copycats" of Catwoman to do illegal things for reasons that haven't been explained. Not much really happens which makes it hard to judge. I loved the art which manages to give Selina a graceful style when she evades the police. I'm not sure what's up with her criminal record. Was she cleared of the murders Holly did? 

I'm unsure if I'll continue reading but if I do I'll get it digitally. Maybe another issue would give me a better feel for the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment