Friday, July 20, 2018

SDCC Mattel 2018

None of the characters I was hoping for but I do see some nice figures.

EDIT: This site has pics of works in progress including a figure I've wanted to have a proper figure for a long time. I hope Dexter Soy sees it.


Black Canary is awesome, the two heads (one screaming) and the costume came out incredible.

Kingdom Come Superman is alright it's just not something I'm interested in.

Batman Beyond is nicely done and unlike the first version Mattel did the body seems like better proportions.

Lobo looks like a collect and connect figure but I've never cared for the character enough to get a figure.

I have no real feelings towards the movie and shows related figures. They look amazing their just not my thing.

Rebirth Flash (Wally) has a look I've enjoyed but I think his sculpt is a little weak compared to the others. I might get this one since I've been digging the Wally West back issues and Flash War.

Kid Flash and Beast Boy were originally supposed to be Toys R Us exclusives. I liked the sculpt for both of these.

Green Lantern John Stewart and Kyle Rayner look nice. Seeing them makes me realize that Kyle hasn't gotten a figure in a while and it's been a some time since we've had a Guy too.

Red Robin looks like the one from the DET team. It isn't my favorite look for the character but I might get it anyway.

Nightwing is okay I just wish he was smiling or had an unmasked extra head. I still don't get why some masked heroes get that (Batwoman, Duke) but not others.

Starfire looks incredible, I wish the costume was the JLO one but FAR superior to the original Mattel version.

Red Hood (Rebirth) I was so shocked to see it. Please don't change a thing, Jason looks amazing. It really looks like they tried to stay true to Soy' s design. The sleeves are rolled up and even the Jason head. Please don't paint a domino mask on Mattel. This already looks better than the DCC figure.


I'm not interested in the others and still wish I could get more Rebirth Outlaws. Well at least I'll get Kori and Jason. There is a Bizarro but it's not the same. I really want a Rebirth Artemis figure but I'm thrilled with what's coming out.

No comments:

Post a Comment