Monday, July 30, 2018

Updated Wish List

I'm pleased to see Mattel has been filling out the bat family and improving their lines (*1) with their character selection. But there's still some characters that need to be made or remade. This could act as a list for other companies like DCC or Mezco but I don't see them going out of their comfort zones right now.

Most Wanted

Artemis: The best figure she has is the Mattel Artemis Wonder Woman variant. Which wasn't really comic accurate. I love Artemis in RHATO making her figure a must have. I love her Rebirth costume too. So a figure that comes with the Bow of Ra and her axe would be awesome. It'd be amazing if the Outlaws all the got some love.

Bizarro: Mattel has a Bizarro exclusive coming out but it's not the same. It's basically a repainted Superman. Not the huge clone we love in the current series. Maybe this could be a collect and connect figure? With Artemis coming with a piece and Pup Pup?

Cassandra Cain: It would probably be the Orphan ID since that's what was  in DET but I'd prefer Black Bat or Batgirl.

Robin (Jason Todd): We see it in Flashbacks since New 52. I'm a fan of the costume and wish it'd show up more.

Robin (Dick Grayson): The New 52 onward costume to help fix the gap in the Robins.

Booster Gold: I've never thought any figure ever got Booster quite right.



Here are some figures I might like but their not that high up on my list. I have seen them on others lists though. 

Donna Troy: People have been vocal about wanting more Titans figures and a updated Donna for awhile. She's not on my must have list but if they ever make more Wonder Woman figures she is. Her origin has needed to be simplified for awhile but I like her pre-reboot character.

Arsenal: It'd be nice to have an improved figure but I honestly like the New 52 figure DCC did. It'd be hard to sell me on another one. If he came with a Lian it would be a must have.

Tempest: I have no real feelings for Garth and preferred Dolphin in Aquaman Rebirth. But I don't believe he's ever received a figure that wasn't Aqualad which is probably why so many people have wanted one on forums.



Figures I don't have much hope of ever being made

Irey and Jai West: Damian and Jon have figures so why not? Maybe they should come with a Linda figure? They weren't popular but their important to Wally especially now. Wally has a Rebirth figure coming out in the Mattel line which makes a perfect fit.

Lois Lane: The only figures Lois ever got was Silver Age and Superwoman version. Mary Jane FINALLY got a figure in Marvel Legends (granted it was an exclusive two pack) so why not get one for Lois?

Goldstar: Michelle has barely done anything as Goldstar and Trixie hasn't used the costume for years. It seems REALLY unlikely.

Rip Hunter: It seems slightly more likely than Michelle due to his history. I'd love to see a Rip with his costume from TMVP.

Lian Harper/Red Hood: From Kingdom Come. Superman is getting a KC figure but she's been overlooked before.

Flamebird: Bette was the first Batgirl and deserves more respect. She only received one Bat-Girl figure for a Silver Age two pack but the Flamebird design is seriously great.



*1 Assuming the final product looks as good as the prototypes.

No comments:

Post a Comment