Thursday, July 19, 2018

SDCC Lee & Didio talk about the big picture

Found here. My thoughts ahead.



DiDio spoke about the leak of spoilers for Batman #50. He asked a fan directly if he knew what was coming before reading it. The fan happened to own a comic book store, and said that many fans were incensed but still bought the book. DiDio said "If there's any disappointment, get over it cause there's a lot of great stuff coming."

I feel like telling retailers and customers to "get over it" is a tad to aggressive. People have a right to be upset and whether or not he believes "a lot of great stuff is coming" doesn't mean everyone will. I don't know, I feel like he could have phrased this better.




Silvestri's Batman book involves Batman and Joker teaming up. "They're the worst team up ever. Joker is loving it, but Batman hates it."


I'm not a Joker fan by any means but that at least it sounds funnier than I thought when I saw the announcement.


The story's premise is that someone has stolen something from the Joker, so he kidnaps Jim Gordon and tortures him to get Batman to team up with him.

Okay that's less funny.


Silvestri is writing, drawing, and inking the series.


That must have been quite a project to undertake. I might not care for more Joker stories but I applaud the work ethic involved.


"We're gonna hold it until it's ready to come out," said DiDio. No release date is projected. "We really want to make sure we're consistent with how we publish product," said DiDio. "If we say something is going to be there we want it to be there at that place and time." Someone in the audience said "Doomsday Clock!" to which DiDio said they'd speak about it later in the panel.

DC has been slipping with Doomsday Clock and Justice League Odyssey being delayed. At least their addressing the problem and trying to fix it with another project.



DiDIo said the plan for Green Lantern is to re-center Hal Jordan in the mythos.


Are you telling me he's not the center of the GL books? He's still the one getting all the attention except for the series that focused on Simon and Jessica.


Not as much information as I was hoping for.

No comments:

Post a Comment