Wednesday, July 18, 2018

DC Collectibles Press Release

I hope DCC has more revealed at SDCC because I'm pretty disappointed.



Usually this stuff gets released on Thursday for preview night. There's some Batman the Animated series figures like the much beloved Grey Ghost. But the Essentials line is pretty blah to me and judging by some comments I've read I'm not alone in thinking this.

The last DCC line was DC Icons which admittedly had varying degrees of quality but seems to be improving before it was "put on hold." The sculpting was usually decent, it had good articulation and a good amount of accessories.

Essentials has a bigger scale, the sculpts look off partly because on the proportions, there's apparently little to no accessories and many like myself are sick of the same character selection. Nightwing is the only one I think looks alright. I hope Mattel does better this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment