Sunday, April 23, 2017

New Reading List

I've been thinking about whether or not I should add more titles. I'm not including any back issues I might get.



What I'm Getting:
  • Red Hood and the Outlaws- My favorite series, I'm not sure where this undercover thing is going but it's been great so far. Still my favorite of the series I get. I don't really know the direction but it has some of the best character work I've seen in recent years. I wish other DC writers would actually read this series to learn how Jason should be written instead of the awful stereotyped character they came up with. There are some that manage to do the character justice but most don't. I adore Artemis and Bizarro is the best he's ever been written. At least that I've read.
  • Gotham AcademyThis has really picked up as the series comes to a close. I don't know if there will be another series or the characters will turn up else where.
  • Super Sons- I honestly enjoy reading about Jon, Lois/Clark and the Kid Amazo plot. Bruce has FINALLY tried to discipline Damian but it's too little too late. If Damian wasn't written as a creepy stalker that uses Jon I might love the book. Sadly Tomasi continues to make me want someone to humble Damian. I'll probably drop because of this.
  • The Odyssey of the Amazons- Last issue was disappointing and I'm still hoping the story picks up. Sad to say that there isn't much character development and it seems to delight in killing Amazons. I decided I had already gotten far enough that I think I should just read the whole thing through.
  • Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps: I'm mainly reading it for the Rip Hunter connection but I enjoyed it so far. I'm in for the arc.

What I Might Get:
  • Dark Matter titlesI'm not sure if I'll try something or not. I want to be open to reying out new titles outside my normal picks but I haven't gotten hooked on anything yet. I might once more information comes out. My maybe titles are something just by Snyder, Damage or The Silencer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment