Saturday, April 4, 2015

Short Review: Convergence #0

SPOILERS AHEAD


I liked this more than I thought I would and it's basically the bad guy explaining the plot to new 52 Superman. I really liked the sci-fi elements and how nostalgic it made me feel. Seeing the different versions of Brainiac in particular was geeky in a good way. I'm not sure why Superman is seen as the greatest threat other than him being Superman and Brainiacs' enemy. Shouldn't it be Rip or is he overlooked? I also love that there's a who's who bit at the back with the different cities listed. As long as the rest is good and has the Time Masters in it this should be fun.

The bad part?: A bit confusing with Superman suddenly in chains. Or why the new guy (Telos?) even bothered to tell Superman all this. Yes he erases his memory but why make an effort? Boredom? Did he need to verbalize his idea out loud with another person to make sure it made sense? To validate himself even if he didn't recieve approvals? He was polite enough to ask what city Superman would prefer since his wasn't present. (Meaning the current "new 52" was a dying world before something changed?) As I state above not much happen and I wish I didn't have to spend so much on a book that's summing up the plot even though I saved a dollar on this issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment