- Firing Dick when he was an adult (19/20) and claiming he can't take the responsibility of being blamed if he's killed. ...Although Gotham thinks Robin died and blames him which he shrugs off and takes a second Robin despite swearing he wouldn't.
- His reason for making Jason Robin. Granted it changed over time from him honestly wanting Jason to make something out of himself and seeing his skill. The next writer had him as a replacement for Dick on an emotional level. In New 52 Jason calls Bruce out on using him to fix himself.
- Not telling Jason his father was murdered by Two Face. Even if you agree he shouldn't know who killed his dad let me remind you that Jason thought his father was alive prior to this. He assumed he was in jail and Bruce never told him otherwise.
- After Tim goes through hell to keep his ID a secret Bruce tells Stephanie without Tims' permission.
- Nightwing Year One. Bruce fires Dick. He literally kidnaps Jason (he's tied to a chair) and seems to give Jason Stockholm syndrome. Never tells Dick he replaced him. He never explains who Nightwing is or what Jasons' supposed to do leading him to believe his test is to fight Dick. Makes Barbara lie to Dick to spring the Robin 2 surprise on him. Has Alfred dressed up as Two Face who nearly beat Dick to death and murdered Jasons' father. Which almost leads to Dick beating up Alfred.
- The whole situation with Stephanie as Robin.
- Going off with Dick and Tim for a year and abandoning Cassandra which led to her being drugged then turned in an assassin. Only Tim seemed to care enough to do anything about that.
- DITF. Instead of getting help from the league to find Joker and go after his runaway possibly suicidal (Bruce thought he was) adopted son he just goes after Joker. His behavior towards Jason wasn't that of the worlds greatest detective but the most clueless guardian. The excuse for not making Jason go while he stayed with Shelia was just weak. Bruce knew it was the wrong call.
- Not showing up for Dicks' almost wedding with Kory.
- Not informing Dick that Jason died then remarking that everyone wondered where he was. Was Bruce mad because the answer is in space? The only one who'd wonder where Dick was would be Gordon.
Tuesday, September 29, 2015
Other Things Batman Did
Since all he seems to do recently is kept secrets and manipulate I thought it was a good time to remember some things he did before the relaunch.